The R/GA Studio mission is to advance storytelling through the use of emerging technology. The Studio creates a wide range of video, motion, audio, 3D and computer graphics, photography, and social media influencer strategy tailored to our client’s business needs. It consists of editors, animators, motion-graphics specialists, creative technologists, strategists and producers with a range of traditional agency broadcast experience to production company style line-production. The Executive producer oversees the studio staff in navigating all layers of the project brief and needs of the Studio.
We’re looking for a new Executive Content Producer for our flagship Nike business. This is a unique opportunity to define the Studio vision and lead a team for one of the world’s greatest brands.
The role and the clients are based in Portland, OR but the team is distributed across the US, with some studio roles in LATAM. R/GA is committed to a hybrid way of working. There is no requirement to be in “the office” for a set number of days, though there will be some in-person client and team meetings. Pending Covid restrictions, travel is required for shoots and production as needed. You will need to work west coast hours.
Our Executive Content Producers are responsible for executing projects from brief to delivery - often part of long term campaigns, and leading/mentoring support producers, of all levels when applicable.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Executive Content Producer at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Support the Portland office as a content expert and VP, Managing Director in all things content related e.g. future planning, budget projections, partnership with leads in each office
- Work directly with Business Affairs on contract negotiations and Resource Management on job assignment, aligning aptitudes between our team and incoming needs
- Manage project intake, Studio allocations and Studio staffing for the Portland office
- Draft/review staff plans and Statement of Works (SOWs), signing off on deliverables and vetting fee hours and OOP with Business Affairs partner
- Manage Triple bidding, budgets, client and vendor relations, wrapping and reconciling jobs
- Lead and inspire a team of artists and supporting producers across all levels and disciplines by clearly communicating project schedules, deliverables and daily/weekly deadlines
- Work closely with vendors, along with contributing shared resources and knowledge with the larger R/GA network of Studio teams including: NY, LATAM offices, Austin and Los Angeles
- Collaborate with agency team, clients and vendor to create the best work possible
- Partner with agencies and production discipline leads on problem solving in regards to all aspects of content creation and production
- Partner with Business Affairs on talent negotiations, vendor and talent contracts and to oversee wrap and reconciliation of jobs in a timely manner, in compliance with client contracts
The ideal person
- Is able to scope out projects, create budgets and staff plans
- Has strong leadership and production knowledge
- Is able to lead and guide the Portland office from a content perspective while still being close to the work
- 7-10+ years in Live Action, Line and Post Production with Agency experience
- Familiarity/contacts with production reps/artists
- Managerial experience leading multiple production teams in different production environments (in house, off-site, production company, etc)
- An inherent knowledge of production workflows and procedures
- Managerial experience leading multiple production teams in different production environments (in house, off-site, production company, etc) and PMI certification a plus.