R/GA Buenos Aires is looking for a hands-on Creative Technologist to join our Digital Advertising team. We are the Network solutions hub for Digital Advertising at R/GA. We plan, craft and build the right solution for any level of digital advertising need.
As a Creative Technologist you will be focused on creating and maintaining HTML5 Digital Banner Ads (OLA) for a variety of clients using multiple mediums and technologies. You will also be responsible for developing Email templates for a wide range of CRM projects.
Additionally, you will be spending a good deal of time working with Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma. Our Creative Technologists are people with a wide variety of capabilities and interests. You must be a skilled and dedicated, self-motivated web designer/developer.
Primary Responsibilities and duties
- Collaborate directly with Production, Design and Creative teams from any of the R/GA Global Offices to develop their ideas within the digital advertising space. You will be the technical partner to our teams, helping to drive innovative ideas forward.
- Develop original creatives in HTML5 and resizes for digital campaigns.
- Develop templates for Dynamic advertising.
- Work within a DCO platform.
- Try out multiple animations and transitions to any sort of digital ad.
- Develop HTML modules or templates for Email Marketing. This requires knowledge of tables, Email Service Providers restrictions and constraints, Dark mode.
- Research technical documentation, APIs, integration with 3rd party technologies etc. when such knowledge is needed to confirm project requirements, expectations and specific details.
- Has the ability to write clean, reusable code in vanilla JS/HTML5/CSS.
- Is experienced with timeline and code-based animation using JS libraries like GSAP, as well as Canvas animation (hand-coded or using software such as Adobe Animate, etc).
- Has a honed sense of animation and a focus on aesthetics.
- Is able to view creative sketches/storyboards and determine the level of effort required to meet the need.
- Is experienced with compression techniques for images, video, audio.
- Is experienced with cross-browser testing, fallbacks/polyfills.
- Can overcome appropriate level obstacles independently and reach out for help timely.
- Has experience working with Photoshop / Illustrator / Figma.
- General understanding of IAB guidelines.
- Knowledge of Git / Github / GitLab.
- Knowledge of Node.js / npm.
- Knowledge of AfterEffects and/or other Motion software (Mostly to be able to work with plugins such as Lottie and Bodymovin in order to export compositions into HTML).
- 2+ years’ work experience in Digital Advertising, Web Development, or a related Technology field.
- Experience with one or more of these ad platforms: CM360, DV360, Google Studio, DoubleClick, Celtra.
- Experience working directly with creative and design disciplines.
- Experience with SVG animations.
- Experience with Sprite sheets.
- Experience on Creative Automation.
- Intermediate or Advanced level of English, bilingual preferred.