We see brand as much more than static guidelines and corporate colour schemes. We believe brands are operating systems, responsive, iterative and continuously evolving. A brand OS ensures all elements, from communications to the customer experience, work together as one.
We’re building a diverse practice of brand, visual, verbal, and experience designers who create purpose-driven brands that inspire and add value in people’s lives. Our talent mix lets us leverage the full power of brand to shape our clients’ customer experience, inform their business decisions, define their product roadmaps and unlock the full potential of their company culture. Whether in service of a large business launching a game-changing service or an NGO fighting for social justice, we're driven to create work for a more human future.
We’re looking for a Brand Design Director who will be the cornerstone of our growing Brand Design Consulting Practice at R/GA London. This person will be as comfortable crafting the finer details of an identity as they are collaborating with strategists across brand narrative. You will be leading design, providing direction and ensuring alignment across all creative outputs. You will be responsible for translating brand strategy and vision into creative execution, developing visionary design languages that differentiate and scale.
On any given day you might:
- Define strategic and creative points of view on brand character, brand identity, and design themes
- Craft actionable direction for the design team
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines on sharpening ideas and enhancing brand design outputs
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Craft narratives and present confidently to clients and internal teams, including executives
- Contribute to holistic thinking about brand design, including how a brand acts, how a brand looks, and how a brand comes to life throughout an experience
- Contribute to the evolution of the Brand Design Practice at R/GA
- Are a conceptual thinker with a strategic core
- Have a challenger mindset when it comes to understanding and working with brand and experience design
- Are motivated to help shape our constantly-evolving approach to creating and improving brand experiences
- Have proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work, as well as a master-level of design knowledge and craft
- Have exceptional communication skills within the team and with clients
- Have outstanding presentation skills
- Are resourceful, creative, and collaborative
- Continuously curious and excited about the use of emerging technologies in brand practice
- Can instruct and mentor design teams
- A love of world-changing ideas, and a desire to contribute to shaping them
- 8+ years experience in the brand identity and design industry with at least 1 at director level
- Strong understanding of brand design systems, brand guidelines creation, identity design, art direction, typography, iconography, etc
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates brave brand design thinking and meticulous craft with systematic execution
- Excellence in Adobe CC, Figma, and Google Slides — experience with 3D or motion design is a plus
No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know.
Some of our work to check out: