Experience Design Director
The role is based in Melbourne!
At R/GA, we design business and brands for a more human future.
We believe our best work comes from audacious combinations of people and skills to create something new. We are a network of talent, operating as a team of 1,600 multidisciplinary, collaborative people with the power of big and the speed of small.
Our Melbourne and Sydney teams are growing—we encourage applications from people across all backgrounds, genders and communities, and are committed to creating a safe, supportive place for them to do their best work.
The opportunity at R/GA
In this role you will partner with client leadership to lead the continuous growth of an ecosystem for key mobility clients. You will combine expansive, human-centred thinking and a keen sense of creativity to help the whole brand solve real, human problems. By leveraging design, communications planning, service/operations and product execution to make change happen.
Through client consultation and partnership, you may conduct observational research to understand human behaviour, use data-led hypotheses to rapidly test ideas in-market, map customer journeys and connect channels, or collaborate with designers to make ideas tangible—all informed by clear, considered rationale.
Organised and collaborative, you will be supported by strategic and design leadership, peer leads, marketing science and the delivery team. Through collaboration and invention, you’ll thrive navigating complexity, both for the end user and operationally.
Further, you will contribute to the development and improvement of our experience and strategy practice, engaging in training/engagement across the business, and effectively communicating it’s value to clients.
- Research (across problem space and solution space)
- Insight/Opportunity definition
- Visioning and systematic planning
- Channel and journey mapping
- Stakeholder/specialist facilitation
- Horizon/iteration planning
- Hypothesis development and concepting
- Experimentation and measurement definition
- Leading project design team in execution
- Succinct, effective summaries/showcases
The ideal person:
- Has a proven track record working with design to deliver systematic outcomes
- Has a solid, functional understanding of martech/CRM/CXM
- Is able to manage multiple projects and delegate work effectively
- Operates with a high degree of ownership, consulting directly with clients
- Has strong leadership and meditation skills, and enjoys mentoring and fostering growth of junior team members
- Can discern individual team members’ abilities and match the right people with the right work
- Thrives collaborating with people from different disciplines and teams
Our purpose is to create a more human future. We lead by our six values:
- We’re kind humans. We’re not “resources”, we’re real people. We treat everyone with integrity and respect, and leave our egos in the elevator.
- We’re outsiders. We go where others won’t to uncover hidden opportunity. We challenge tradition and ignore the status quo. We don’t care what everyone else is doing, only what we’re doing next.
- We’re better together. None of us are as good as all of us. Brilliant ideas can come from anywhere, but more often than not ours come from everyone. We thrive on our differences and actively collaborate across regions, time zones, and cultures.
- We’re changemakers. We choose to embrace change. We don’t just react to today; we act on tomorrow. We want to change the world (and we’re not afraid of changing ourselves in the process).
- We’re radical optimists. We’re in love with the possibility, but never blind to the reality. We can tease out the potential in any problem, and once we find the silver lining, we’ll get to work mining it.
- We’re always learning. We stay relentlessly curious, forever looking for new ways of doing things. We know there’s no such thing as perfection, and that’s fine, because the journey is just as important as the destination.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know.