Creative Director, Experience Design
In our 40-year history we’ve changed a lot—from a culture-defining film title studio (Superman, Alien, Ghostbusters); to an interactive advertising agency; to an award-winning Creative Innovation Studio focussed on elevating how brands and humans connect. Our practices are diverse like our people, including brand design, product + experience, comms, data and tech practices. We like change, and like to navigate our clients through it too. We have a philosophy that R/GA is only ever 80% complete.
Our Experience Design craft is a crucial part of our ambition to create innovative products and experiences that forge deep, long-lasting bonds between customers and brands, helping them stay ahead in a changing world.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Creative Director, Experience Design at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in creating best-in-class user experience
- Craft narratives for client presentations and push systematic design work to give impact and creative edge
- Work with C-suite leaders and visionaries to transform brands whilst leading multiple projects at once
- Define business opportunities and translate insights into consumer-facing experiences and brand-new innovative products
- Enable the creation of concept models, user interface sketches, and schematics.
- Provide leadership, training and mentorship to other Experience Designers
- Work with our Strategy, Visual Design, Copy, Account and Tech teams to define and deliver products across multiple platforms
- Strategise, concept and design groundbreaking product and experiences
The ideal person
- Has a proven ability to lead the design of large, complex interaction systems
- Is a natural leader and has experiencing mentoring a team of Experience Designers
- Has ample experience working directly and building direct relationships with clients
- Exemplifies grace under pressure and can think on their feet
- 8+ years experience in Experience Design
- Expertise in interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Proven experience providing direction in matters related to experience design, including user experience, user interface, and product and service design
- Past experience with design systems or component libraries at scale
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know.
This role offers flexibility and can be considered for both full-time and part-time arrangements.