At R/GA we create connected brand experiences that transform business. We believe it is our responsibility to harness creativity, design and technology to create new value for our clients and their customers. This is delivered through innovation that introduces the relevant new, creativity that brings imagination into reality and collaboration that uses diversity to multiply our impact. Our culture is one of constant reinvention and values:
- Hustle: Using your wit and grit to make things happen.
- Curiosity: Taking the time to look, learn and discover something new every day.
- Ingenuity: Finding creative ways to solve problems and create opportunities.
- Fearlessness: Acting with confidence and without fear of failure.
- Quality: Taking pride in the craft and the robustness of our output.
- Collaboration: Finding a rhythm in working with other people that makes we a lot stronger me.
Experience designers at R/GA begin their work by asking a simple but vital question: What are the behaviors and needs of the consumers we’re designing for? This initiates a process of discovery, design, and further discovery. Along the way, we constantly test our thinking and the things we make. This helps us stay ahead in a world of proliferating innovations in mobile, social and connected devices. We work together to do what’s never been done before, every day.
We’re looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join our team at R/GA Melbourne — here’s what they’ll need.
On any given day, they might:
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, design explorations, and strategic analysis
- Facilitate workshops with various teams and stakeholders
- Create interactive experiences that are useful to users and promote our client’s businesses
- Identify key ideas to drive projects and how to implement them in multiple channels
- Provide deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wire frames, user flows, use cases, and user scenarios
- Present various aspects of the user experience to development team and clients
- Track and monitor progress on development and quality of the experience
- Identify and understand the client business context, demands and opportunities
- Coach and mentor teams and clients to best apply HCD principles
The ideal person:
- Has proven design experience at an interactive agency or enterprise business, with examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Is exceptionally organized and able to switch between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understands interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Is proactive and collaborative, endeavouring to help their team succeed together
- Is proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
- Exemplifies grace under pressure
- Has exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- Is a natural leader and comfortable working directly with clients
- Is respectful and inclusive with both the team and clients
- Has experience working in lean and/or agile environments
- Has 5+ years’ experience in Experience Design
- Has proficiency in the Adobe Creative package, Sketch, and Visio
R/GA does not accept unsolicited candidate submissions from agencies for any of our open roles unless you have been briefed on the role. Candidate profiles submitted without a brief will be considered the property of R/GA and no fee will be paid.