R/GA New York is seeking a true innovation consultant to join its team as Group Director, Business Transformation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in concepting and bringing to life transformative solutions for businesses and brands.
In this role, you will be a lynchpin of the Business Transformation capability, collaborating with and in some cases leading consultants and creatives to uncover whitespace opportunities and deliver actionable strategies to help transform our clients’ businesses. Your curious and creative mind, coupled with your keen commercial expertise, enable you to create aspirational big ideas and actionable strategies. Your goal will be not be to just solve our client’s problem, but to challenge ourselves to transform their entire category.
The role is perfect for someone who draws personal satisfaction from transforming a client’s business through innovation and branding or marketing consulting. You probably read HBR, blogs about interesting business models, and speak at innovation conferences. And you yearn to work in close partnership with consultants and creatives to create big ideas and make them come to life. This is a team that is entrusted with a seat at the executive table of very large clients based on the ability to understand critical parts of corporate strategy, but then be creatively minded and action oriented enough to bring the transformative ideas discussed there into the real world, at scale.
On any given day you might:
- Identify whitespace opportunities and deliver innovative solutions for R/GA’s Business Transformation clients.
- Act as the key strategic partner to senior-most clients (CMO’s, CEO’s, CTO’s, CIO’s) across a portfolio of brands.
- Write actionable, business-focused strategies having applied creative thinking and deep commercial expertise (business modeling, business planning, and familiarity with corporate organizational structures).
- Create client presentations and artifacts, and deliver these with aplomb.
- Utilize a wide array of tools to uncover insights, including but limited to: leading workshops, conducting stakeholder interviews, managing consumer research, or collaborating in creative ideation.
- Genuinely listen to clients and consumers, and demonstrate optimism that unique solutions to their business and real-life challenges can be uncovered.
- Quantify opportunities, both internally and with clients, understanding what constitutes a big idea or a small one, what could transform a product or a category, and what is right for the challenge at hand.
- Guide team members with a wide range of expertise - from econometrics, to brand design, to consumer research - and skills that aren’t your own to deliver the highest quality work.
- Continuously learn about disruptive industries, consumer interests, and business trends.
- Provide thought leadership to our clients in addition to the internal Business Transformation and R/GA teams, and contribute to R/GA’s POV on and approach to innovation consulting.
- Identify opportunities to leverage R/GA’s global network of talent across experience, creative and technology, and our diverse portfolio of services to positively impact our clients’ businesses.
- Provide exceptional leadership, guidance and mentorship to the wider Business Transformation team.
The Ideal Person:
- Understand, craft and guide corporate strategy while avoiding being trapped by its linear thinking based on existing paradigms and norms.
- Analyze and unpack business model mechanics, seeking relevant innovations that large corporate clients are uniquely qualified to deliver
- Exceptional listening skills, with an ability to ask the right questions and uncover hidden insights.
- Excellent client service abilities, including flawless presentation skills, from conception of a story or pitch to delivery in board rooms.
- Demonstrated humility, collaboration, and leadership skills, combined with optimism, and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Business sense and commercial expertise, with curiosity and a creative mind.
- Ability to collaborate with strategists, consultants, creatives, and technologists, and ability to seamlessly integrate and draw from diverse skillsets.
- Proven team leadership and management experience, with the ability to inspire teams and educate without being condescending.
- 15+ years’ experience in the innovation consulting space.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; MBA strongly preferred
- Tangible case studies of innovation you helped launch on behalf of large clients