The traditional approach doesn’t cut it for our Media team. Instead of focusing on creating media plans, they build media systems. They determine the best mix of channels to go to market, combining cultural insights and algorithms to build strategies and manage media programs. Data is the driver. Delivering creativity is the goal.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Associate Media Director at R/GA:
- Oversee development of cross-channel media strategy / media plans across multiple projects or accounts
- Oversee successful partnership planning and execution across multiple projects or accounts
- Identify growth opportunities with current and new clients or partners
- Proactively contribute to and lead media planning portions of new business pitches
- Oversee campaign implementation across multiple self-service/biddable and direct-buy platforms and partners
- Oversee campaign tracking and advanced optimization & reporting, to ensure positive campaign results and growth
- Successfully deliver new business pitches involving media
- Create content for internal and external PR opportunities
- Coordinate vendor and partner relationships across multiple accounts, to ensure efficiency and access to capabilities
- Identify new vendors and partners
- Develop and execute plans to test new features / partners
- Proactively and effectively facilitate career development across the team
- Serve as a role model within the team
- Guide multiple client-facing projects
- Work with client services and production to manage client expectations, while staying within project scope
- Effectively collaborate with leads from other disciplines, -- especially strategy, marsci, and creative -- to improve the quality and creativity of project work and overall account work
- Work with client services and production to scope and plan media projects
On any given day you might
- Provide overall direction and strategy for media team.
- Motivate and develop team members and complete constructive performance evaluations.
- Identify, understand and adopt new techniques and emerging technologies as relevant to clients’ digital media strategies.
- Manage client expectations and deliverables overseeing the development and execution of all media efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget and on schedule.
- Participate and lead in the development of specific program components such as presentations, media plans, media agreements, RFPs, client reporting, optimization strategies, etc.
- Identify and grow business opportunities within current and new clients.
- Lead the creation and negotiation of client contracts and proposals and manage account profitability.
- Establish and maintain strong communications with clients, media, external vendors, and internal agency teams.
The ideal person
- Has strong problem-solving skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback, guidance and solutions
- Has experience analyzing complex data, market research and formulating actionable plans
- Is familiar with emerging technology, trends and innovations in digital media and has knowledge of interactive marketing and offline media concepts.
- Is experienced with all online media tactics, including but not limited to CPC/CPA, SEM, co-registration, behavioral-targeting.
- Has an understanding of ad-serving technologies (i.e. DART, Atlas DMT, etc.), third party vendors (e.g. MOTIF, Eyeblaster, Pointroll, Dynamic Logic, etc.), and online research tools (e.g. comScore, @plan, AdRelevance). Knowledge of search bid management tools a plus.
- Has 5+ years of online/digital media planning and negotiating in an interactive agency
- Has experience managing a team and is comfortable developing junior staff