R/GA develops award-winning digital strategies for the world’s leading companies and brands. Sounds like a lot of work, right? It is. This is why we need fresh perspectives like yours. We work in an environment that embraces collaboration across all disciplines and encourages people to explore beyond the boundaries that limit visionary ideas. As an intern, you’ll work side-by-side with our industry’s brightest minds—receiving mentorship, training, and experience on real, live accounts.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Brand Writing Intern, Consulting at R/GA:
Our Consulting team combines their business, brand, and technology know-how to create a new type of consulting framework—one that focuses on helping companies leverage technology to create new business models and brand strategies for growth.
The Brand Writing Intern will be a part of Verbal Design team, a creative discipline within Business Transformation that thinks about how a brand uses language, everywhere, from naming and brand voice to conversational interfaces. We call it Verbal Design because it’s a craft, it’s output-focused, it’s dynamic, and it acts as the thread that ties all of a brand’s experiences and conversations together. Especially today: when Verbal Design has become more necessary than ever. (Just ask Alexa.) Verbal Designers are writers at heart, and love applying a strategic lens to their craft.
On any given day you might
- Combine creative writing and strategic thinking to help the Verbal Design team concept names, brand voice, or messaging themes for some of today’s biggest and most innovative brands
- Flex your writing skills to develop manifestos, brand touchpoints, and narratives in brand voice
- Collaborate with teammates in Visual Design and Experience Design to brainstorm how a brand comes to life holistically
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy to apply a strategic lens to your writing—how do we best express our positioning and purpose.
- A ‘makers mentality’—you love to write—and an ability to think strategically about your creative decisions
- A collaborative, optimistic attitude
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- We look for people who are curious and look beyond the immediate ask to dream up innovative solutions.
- We look for people who have a positive attitude that fosters team comradery and who believe that greatness can happen only when people with different skills and perspectives work together.
- We look for people who persevere despite obstacles and have the ability to adapt on the fly.
We will be accepting intern applicants until March 1st.
Our interview process begins with a Recruiter reviewing the application you are about to submit. After that we will contact you to complete a short assignment. Should you wow us with your creativity, we will set up a video or in-person interview, (depending on your location,) with a manager from the prospective team you’ve applied for.
Our internship starts Monday, June 1st with a tentative end date of Friday, July 31st. This is a paid opportunity with the expectation of 40 hours a week.