R/GA develops award-winning digital strategies for the world’s leading companies and brands. Sounds like a lot of work, right? It is. This is why we need fresh perspectives like yours. We work in an environment that embraces collaboration across all disciplines and encourages people to explore beyond the boundaries that limit visionary ideas. As an intern, you’ll work side-by-side with our industry’s brightest minds—receiving mentorship, training, and experience on real, live accounts.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Copywriting Intern at R/GA:
Our Copywriters know what works and what doesn’t. They’re fluent in concepting and collaborating, and have mastered the art of writing in multiple styles for various channels. They’re comfortable presenting copy and concepts to clients and their ideas are fresh, strategic and always on brand.
On any given day you might
- Perform tasks associated with the creation of content, such as research, product descriptions, and basic proofreading tasks
- Start to concept and collaborate with creative team, including other copywriters, Experience Designers, Art Directors, and Programmers
- Shadow senior colleagues as they present work to clients and adapt work based on feedback
- Work with producers to ensure work is delivered on deadline and up to clients' and agency's standards.
- Begin to get comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats.
- Formal writing training and an engaging portfolio
- We look for people who are curious and look beyond the immediate ask to dream up innovative solutions.
- We look for people who have a positive attitude that fosters team comradery and who believe that greatness can happen only when people with different skills and perspectives work together.
- We look for people who persevere despite obstacles and have the ability to adapt on the fly.
We will be accepting intern applicants until March 1st.
Our interview process begins with a Recruiter reviewing the application you are about to submit. After that we will contact you to complete a short assignment. Should you wow us with your creativity, we will set up a video or in-person interview, (depending on your location,) with a manager from the prospective team you’ve applied for.
Our internship starts Monday, June 1st with a tentative end date of Friday, July 31st. This is a paid opportunity with the expectation of 40 hours a week.