Talent Management at R/GA is core to building an environment that facilitates great work, culture and talent development. It is also the nervous system that enables us to integrate and collaborate effectively, at scale - globally.
Talent Management plays an integral role in driving collaboration and efficiencies across offices. We continuously seek network opportunities to drive business and talent growth. Talent Managers are strategic partners to discipline and business leads to curate high performing teams and advise on staffing trends. You work closely with other Talent Managers across offices to manage and maximize internal talents across regions. You will also work with the larger Talent Team, including HR and Talent Acquisition to bring the full talent experience to life.
As a Talent Manager, you play an integral role in supporting project casting, staffing and curating the right talent for each project. You facilitate collaborative opportunities to help provide talent growth, curate the right teams and advise on staffing trends. You will be required to understand the skillsets of the individual talents in your group.
On any given day you might
- Lead casting and allocation meetings and be the main point of contact for staffing projects
- Work with producers and group/office leads to understand client engagements, SOW’s, and funding that drive talent needs
- Liaise with various department heads to understand and manage talent needs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to identify when internal talent are not available and prioritize open positions
- Partner with Talent Partners on talent assessments, ensuring recognition of top performers and address performance issues.
- Escalate issues related to group rotations, retention or employee relations, workflow and projected staffing needs
Work with finance to understand revenue forecasts and client margins to get ahead of staffing needs.
- Make recommendations based on understanding of group member skill sets across creative, strategy and other departments
- Find ways to increase efficiency or improve talent-related processes and share recommendations to leadership
- Report on utilization results and other staffing metrics for the office and call out trends/concerns to leadership team
- Monitor talent bandwidth to maximize utilization across teams
- Help onboard new staff and freelance hires
The ideal person
- Has outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Is a quick and creative problem solver who works well under pressure
- Has budgeting and production experience
- Understands the disciplines within a digital agency
- Has a strong understanding of MS Excel and familiarity with enterprise management applications
- Can work collaboratively to develop staffing solutions
- 4+ years’ of operations experience in a production environment