The R/GA Studios mission is to advance storytelling through the use of emerging technology. Studios creates a wide range of video, motion, audio, 3D and computer graphics, photography, and social influencer strategy tailored to our client’s business needs. It consists of producers, editors, animators, motion-graphics specialists, creative technologists, strategist and business affairs with a range of traditional agency broadcast experience to production company style line-production.
The Senior Operations Manager partners with and supports the Group Production Director, NY and Executive Production Director, US in evaluating and updating production workflows across all Studios disciplines. This role should have a profound knowledge of content production and a proven track record of program implementation that allows for Studios growth and financial well being.
On any given day you might:
- Evaluate, develop and deploy processes and workflows across all Studios disciplines
- Own connections between global Studios leads, guiding local offices toward consistent workflows, talent recruitment and infrastructure
- Manage data collection and analysis, and prepare quarterly and annual staffing reports for Executive Production Director, US and Group Production Director, NY to highlight staffing/budget trends
- Oversee management of Studios infrastructure initiatives in partnership with Systems team (including but not limited to):
- OS and software upgrades
- Purchase, install, test of software, hardware
- SAN Server archiving, asset management and hard drive intake
- Tracking and escalation of daily troubleshooting issues
- Collaborate with Finance Lead (margin evaluations, staffing recommendations, budget management/modifications, quarterly results.
- Lead and strategize cross office integration initiatives
- Strategize with internal stakeholders to refocus project requirements and manage expectations for any given project as needed
- Assist with developing new business opportunities and on new business pitches
- Collaborate with HR and Recruiting on Visa cases for international candidates/employees
- Oversee day to day Studios finances (department general expense, annual non billable spend, purchasing card reconciliations, FL, staff expenses approvals) and ensure we are tracking within budget
- Partner with Account Operational leads and producers to ensure business data for department is up to date and accurate through weekly project compliance (timesheet submission, capacity planning and allocations)
The ideal person:
- Ability to work closely and effectively with Finance and across agency departments.
- Highly analytical and very comfortable working with large sets of data
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Experience scoping large project engagements
- Managed projects that exceed $500K in budget.
- Incredibly detail oriented and organized
- 6+ years experience: integrated producer/operations in fast paced environments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Google Drive