R/GA is searching for an SEO Manager to join our growing Media team in New York. The SEO team is a critical part of the experience design process at R/GA that drives strategy, design and execution of web development projects. In this role, you will work closely with our design and technology team members to build high quality user experiences that are SEO forward thinking and driven by search data insights. As part of leading creative agency, you will also have a unique opportunity to influence creative decisions in situations on all sorts of projects.
We are looking for someone to not only act as a project lead, but manage and mentor other SEO strategists. In this role you will also be an important contributor to developing our unique brand of search strategy. If you consider yourself an SEO nerd, have an entrepreneurial spirit, love transforming data into action and want to work with one of the most well known creative teams in the world, then this may be the job for you!
- Act as a client facing SEO project lead on cross-discipline and SEO centric projects
- Develop SEO strategies that drive experience roadmaps and content strategy
- Work with department leadership to develop internal processes and roadmaps to expand our SEO practice and capabilities
- Mentor and manage junior SEO team members
What you bring to the table
- You love search! When you talk about SEO people find it interesting and exciting.
- Not only are you data literate, you love working with data. Pivot tables, vlookups and complex Excel functions are part of your muscle memory.
- You know your way around Google Analytics, Search Console and similar tools. You can quickly and efficiently leverage this data to guide teams to make decisions and develop strategy.
- You have hands-on, basic front-end web development experience. If asked to, you could build a small locally hosted website using just HTML and CSS.
- You have years of experience with popular SEO tools like Screaming Frog, Majestic and SEM Rush to name a few and probably use some that we’ve never heard of.
- You have expertise solving SEO problems common to large websites such as implementing international SEO best practices, managing content migrations and addressing over-indexation issues.
- You are comfortable leading meetings and are able to clearly communicate abstract problems and solutions to our clients and internal teams.
- You are collaborative, mature, poised and work well with others during challenging project situations and tight timelines.
- You have no problem managing deadlines across multiple projects. You know how to prioritize but also when to ask for help.
Our dream candidate also has some of the following
- You cannot be defined as left-brained or right-brained. You may be known for your analytical skills but you always have a strong creative point of view.
- You do not see SEO as the limit of your responsibilities or your interests. R/GA is constantly changing and so is our Media team. We want you to be part of shaping our unique offering and thinking beyond SEO.
- You have experience with managing campaigns in paid search (SEM) and other paid media channels.
- You have original thoughts about SEO and the SEO industry. You’ve published a blog post or two on an SEO topic and maybe even been a speaker at a conference or meet-up.
- You have agency and non-agency experience. SEO has not been your entire career and you bring a diverse set of experiences to share with our team.