We are looking for an exceptional Senior Designer to join our Tokyo team. We believe in experiences that create a more human future and bring us closer together.
You are a rising design talent consistently pushing yourself and your craft to be world-class. You are comfortable with and excel across a range of visual styles and mediums, with a proven track record and focus on digital design.
You will be a senior designer in the R/GA Tokyo creative team, responsible for elevating the level of our craft and output across all clients. Your work will play an important part in establishing R/GA, Tokyo, as Japan’s leading and most progressive innovation company.
You will collaborate closely with our multidisciplinary team of designers, strategists, programmers and creative technologists to develop anything from new digital platforms to real-life interactive experiences. Your background in digital design and confidence across multiple digital tools and platforms allows you to hit the ground running,
You are very (very) hands-on, always perfecting the tiniest details of our output. You are an inspiration to our younger designers and help them push their craft and skills further. You have a passion for the role design can play in building brands and creating meaningful experiences.
You speak fluent English, and at least conversational Japanese.
On any given day you might
- Define strategic and creative points of view on Brand Character, Brand Image, and Design Themes
- Craft actionable direction for other Designers
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines on sharpening ideas and enhancing Brand Transformation deliverables
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Mentor and manage Designers and Junior Designers
- Present confidently and professionally to clients and internal teams, including executives
- Contribute to holistic thinking about Brand Design, including how a brand acts, how a brand looks, and how a brand comes to life throughout an experience
- Contribute to the evolution of the Brand Transformation Design discipline at R/GA and what Brand Design in the Connected Age means
The Ideal Person
- Has a proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design and layout
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients
- Has outstanding presentation skills
- Is a master of HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, as well as emerging interactive design trends
- Can lead a team and mentor junior team members
- Must have experience in creating visual interface designs for websites and mobile applications.