R/GA Studios is a multidisciplinary hub that partners with clients and internal resources on all facets of production including strategy, prototype, live action, print, post and presentation from concept to delivery.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Motion Designer & Animator at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Execute top quality design work in line with agency and brand standards.
- Collaborate with R/GA Studios creative directors to concept and storyboard multiple ideas or versions against a client brief.
- Manage the quality of design from idea to delivery
- Experience that comes with collaborating with producers, video editors, art directors and copywriters to ensure proper post production workflow and that final product exceeds expectations.
- Be able to estimate how long a task may take and work with producers to track toward deadlines.
The ideal person
- 4+ years experience in a similar role.
- Is a self-starter, detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills for proper server workflow and asset management including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. This role needs to take real ownership of your role on each project and see to it that all details are thought-out.
- Is a master of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and Cinema 4D, as well as emerging interactive design trends
- Has a proven ability to ideate and execute cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design including an expert understanding of typography, color, and layout
- Work executed at R/GA Studios often spans a variety of mediums including, 2D title and super animation, 2D/3D character and motion design/animation that may be output for TV Broadcast, HD Video, social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Youtube, Twitter, etc), AR/VR.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willing to sometimes work overtime/ weekends when under tight deadlines.
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients
- Agency experience is helpful but not necessary for this role.
- Has an understanding of new emerging technology and systematic user journeys
- Cel animation and illustration is a bonus