We are looking for an exceptional Desigen Director to join our Tokyo team. We believe in experiences that create a more human future and bring us closer together.
You are a world-class designer with impeccable craft, comfortably and consistently superb in your execution across a range of visual styles and mediums.
You will be one of the leaders of the R/GA Tokyo visual team and be responsible for elevating both the level of craft and the quality of our design solutions across our clients, including Google, Shiseido and Suntory. You will be an integral part of projects that will help establish R/GA, Tokyo, as Japan’s leading and most progressive innovation company.
You will not be doing this alone: you will collaborate closely with our tech team to develop anything from new Google products to real-life interactive experiences. None of this is new for you–you have years of experience working closely with programmers and creative technologists, making you more than conversational across a range of digital tools and platforms. Beyond that, you have a passion for shaping where technology is going, and the role design can play in that: in building brands, creating meaningful experiences and shaping all our futures.
Even though your title says director, you are very (very) hands-on, always perfecting the tiniest details. You lead by example and inspire by your passion. Clients can see this too and will flock to collaborate with you. As a visual lead, you are not just expected to, but strive to build close relationships with key stakeholders (a.k.a. your clients), demonstrating our value to them every day–both for their personal careers and their brand.
Last but not least, you will be part of driving a creative culture that empowers multi-talented teams of diverse individuals to thrive. You are not just a stellar designer but enjoy nurturing those who have not come as far as you. You will be mentoring a younger generation of rising designers at RGA Tokyo, helping them foster their talents, create world class creative solutions and achieve their career goals.
On any given day you might
- Serve as the standard bearer for client’s brand messaging and identity concept and collaborate with Copywriters, Experience Designers, Art Directors, and Tech Leads
- Nurture junior talent, providing clear direction and constructive feedback
- Work closely with producers to schedule deadlines, and resolve resource and delivery issues
- Work with Account team and Strategy team to ensure creative concepts are on brand and strategically sound
- Present to and meet with clients of all levels
- Build creative relationships with clients
The ideal person
- Has a proven track record in both product and campaign work
- Is able to juggle multiple projects and delegate work effectively
- Has strong leadership and meditation skills, and enjoys mentoring and fostering growth of junior team members
- Can discern individual team members’ abilities and match the right people with the right work
- Is comfortable collaborating with people from different creative disciplines and teams