The Account Director is an integral part of the R/GA team and leads the work for our clients on the Google Ads Marketing Team. You serve as a lead and mentor a team located in SF and global team members, and work with them to help turn a vision into real-world execution. You will be managing all aspects of the business, including planning, scoping, team staffing and allocations, strategy, production oversight, reporting financials as well as leading large complex projects. You know what's happening, what comes next, and where things need to be all times. You are leadership focused, detail-oriented, excellent at collaborating and multitasking, and eager to guide a team to make things come to life.
This special someone will regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment and with the support of a Production team composed of associate to senior levels, will be involved in the overall success of every brief that we undertake. The emphasis is on digital experience working closely with design and development. In addition, you possess strong business acumen, problem-solving skills and a proven track record of success. You will be dealing with multiple personality types, and need to be able to adapt based on the person you are working and communicating with.
In your role, you will report to the Executive Technology & Production Director, who will drive the strategy and direction for the San Francisco teams. You will support the strategic goals of the company by focusing on the success of these activities and assisting with meeting the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
On any given day you might:
- Lead and mentor a team of talented Producers.
- Collaborate with the team to drive several large-scale digital projects to completion including websites, branding, content, and more.
- Develop program and operational models including staffing plans, hierarchy models, communication strategy, tool definition and usage, assumptions, etc.
- Act as the primary contact with the client and help ensure they are extremely satisfied with our services and products, escalate to GPD, on an as needed basis.
- Develop comprehensive workflow/project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Track project/program performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Assist the GPD with developing program KPI’s for production or delivery that are actionable and measurable.
- Meet resourcing objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on utilization and capacity analysis.
- Ensure projects are resourced appropriately and manage communication of utilization spikes and potential overages with a mitigation plan to the GPD.
- Ensure detailed reviews of all high-visibility timelines/resource plans prior to the initial team kickoff and client reviews.
- Act as the initial point of escalation if a producer is facing challenges on a project and generate a documented mitigation plan.
- Use business acumen and strategy to facilitate creative execution and to drive results.
- Provide leadership to the team to include putting the client and the team before yourself, always maintaining composure and leading by example at all times.
- Provide excellent mentorship to team and help them achieve growth goals and career goals.
- Work with minimal processes in place, solving problems by being optimistic and using proactive thought processes, experience and skills.
- Identify the decision makers within the client's organization and use excellent interpersonal skills to grow and maintain these relationships.
- Work across all departments/disciplines of R/GA, the client, and other stakeholders to achieve the desired results and meet the objectives of the company.
- Support and grow in the role by actively seeking out and proposing ideas to better improve company operations.
- Take on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal person:
- Able to use excellent leadership skills, strategic vision, and creative inspiration to foster and inspire a large but cohesive team of individuals from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Understanding of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and the creative process.
- A long history of building strong relationships with colleagues, vendor/contractors, and business partners.
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to develop plans, build presentations, and confidently present them in a professional and effective manner.
- An open and curious mind and the ability to remain positive even in the most challenging of situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and a very high level of attention to detail to include tracking, recording, documenting, and saving of all processes and procedures.
- High level of ability to set goals and priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to think strategically and assess the needs of the company and its clients now and in the future.
- Possesses a high level of problem-solving ability in order to develop the solutions needed to address client’s needs.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical, to clients and employees in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to act in a professional manner while working in a creative culture.
- Follow through and ownership of getting a job completed on time and in-budget even in with tight deadlines.
- Dedicates time to understand the requested task, or feedback and decisions being made. Isn’t afraid to ask questions to ensure clarity for informed decision making.
- Comfort navigating a complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Constantly searches for and proposes process efficiencies.
- Communicates effectively one on one and in large groups.
- Knowledge, communicative and analytical skills equivalent to those normally obtained through receipt of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent years of additional related professional experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of a proven track record running large engagements for Fortune 500 clients.
- Experience overseeing multiple teams across multiple initiatives.
- A high level of mastery of Slack, Excel/Sheets, Hubspot or similar, Google Suite, Dropbox, Basecamp, Trello, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- PMP/CSM Certification is a plus.