R/GA designs businesses & brands for a more human future
Our Creative Directors are makers and storytellers that use design to bring ideas to life. They lead projects into uncharted creative territories and synthesize new outcomes. They’re design fundamentalists, but approach projects with both rational and innovative mindsets. They know that the only constant is change and embrace the unknown with maturity, empathy and tenacity.
As an Associate Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for creating and applying strategic and creative thinking across big brand projects, new technologies and experiences. We are looking for a mix of conceptual thinking, innovation, design craft and fearless leadership to create meaningful and memorable work.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Associate Creative Director at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Create brand identities, digital products, systems and narratives grounded in strategic thinking.
- Lead, empower and inspire teams through the championing of craft across disciplines.
- Concept and collaborate with strategy, creative teams, UX and technology to ensure project objectives are met.
- Partner with production to scope and define project approach, timelines and deliverables.
- Mentor design talent, providing clear direction and actionable feedback.
- Take direction from the Creative Director while putting your own ideas and solutions forward.
- Deliver crafted presentations to clients with confidence and clarity.
- Oversee the creation of design solutions for our clients to ensure final deliverables meet R/GA standards and client expectations.
- Identify creative opportunities for business growth
The ideal person
- Is a designer at heart, with a passion for growing and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Has a proactive, resourceful approach with strong organizational and management skills.
- Has a proven track record in digital product design and how to integrate brand and campaign work.
- Is both a hands-on Designer and a natural leader.
- Has strong leadership and meditation skills, and enjoys mentoring junior team members.
- Owns craft and capability output across multiple work streams, ensuring deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Has strong presentation skills and leads client meetings
- Articulates creative decisions with confidence and communicates effectively in verbal or written form.
- Is able to develop client partnerships and build long term relationships.
- Advocates unorthodox thinking and embraces challenges.
- Is able to create and craft award winning work.
- 8+ years agency experience or similar
- Proven experience leading and building teams
- Mastery of design fundamentals and methodologies
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Keynote and Google Suite
- Prototyping experience
Remote / Hybrid Options
At R/GA London we’ve been working remotely for the past year, and fully embraced our ‘you do you’ philosophy. We’re now gradually opening up our office space in Shoreditch, and exploring what our hybrid working environment will look like, which may include some requirements to work from the office. We’re also embracing and appreciating the potential fully remote working can offer our people, as well as the business - we’d love to hear about your home working experience and what your expectations are.
No-matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (please do tell us your pronouns), you're welcome at R/GA. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any interview process, please do let us know!