AUSTIN – May 3, 2018 – R/GA, the company connected by design, today announced that nine people with experience in visual design, technology, media, and account management have joined the now 45-person office. All will contribute to R/GA Austin’s growing product and services, and campaign production needs. The list of new talent includes:
- Senior Copywriter Devin Brown, along with his creative partner Miles Gilbert, started at R/GA Austin in March and will focus on creative ideas that marry technology and design to drive business results. Most recently at T3/Austin, Brown’s other copywriting stints have included 360i/New York and JWT Australia.
- Previously at T3/Austin, Miles Gilbert joins R/GA Austin as a senior art director. Gilbert will work with his creative partner, Devin Brown to offer strong creative thinking crafted from smart visual design and evolving consumer tech behaviors. His other agency experience has included BBDO and Ogilvy & Mather in New York.
- As a Design Director, Juan Pedro Gonzalez will be charged with delivering integrated creative and UX design strategy and implementation for the agency’s roster of clients. He served as a creative director at LatinWorks before joining R/GA Austin.
- Associate Strategy Director Kate Gunning joined R/GA from Austin-based Spiceworks. At R/GA Austin, Gunning will identify and utilize cultural and consumer-based insights and translate them into actionable brand ideas and identities for clients. Over the course of her career, she has provided strategic guidance to brands spanning the tech, telecom, luxury, beauty and retail space while previously at AR New York, Commonground/MGS, SelectNY, TG Madison and BBDO in New York.
- Jess Jabbar recently joined R/GA Austin’s team to lead the office’s production department. As Group Production Director, Jabbar is responsible for leading innovative work and brand experiences for the office’s clientele. Prior to Austin, Jess held a production leadership role on the Samsung and Mercedes-Benz accounts based out of R/GA’s New York office.
- Brian Nguyen joins R/GA Austin as group director, connections strategy, a new discipline for the office. In addition to support R/GA Austin, Nguyen also contributes to R/GA’s global Connections Team, to which he works across all agency departments and with client teams to solve complex business challenges. A former R/GA New York vet, Nguyen has also held strategic media roles at Droga, Wieden & Kennedy and Noise.
- Carlos Orozco joins the agency as an account director and will oversee client relationships for brands that are using digital products and services to transform their business. Previously, Orozco held senior-level operations and program management roles at Adaptdev, Northern-Southern, SpringBox, Apple, all in Austin, as well as Dell in London.
- Charlotte Robertson started at R/GA Austin in March and formerly served as a senior marketing lead at Electronic Arts (EA) in the San Francisco Bay Area. In her new role as a management supervisor, Robertson will contribute to the agency’s client services team, and as a strategic partner to the office’s many clients.
- Joining R/GA Austin from the agency’s Los Angeles office, TJ Walthall will serve as creative director. In this role, Walthall will work closely with the strategists, client services and products and services teams to help drive the creative vision for several clients. Walthall’s other agency experience has included Anomaly, and 72andSunny in Los Angeles, Wieden & Kennedy/Shanghai City, Arnold, R/GA, BBDO and Ogilvy & Mather, all in New York.
The growing team at R/GA Austin is a result of the office’s expanding products, services, and communications offerings, which has led to 160% growth of talent in the last three-and-a-half-years. Current client partners are Red Rock Deli, Smartfood, Sonic Drive-In, Verizon B2B, Crocs, RaceTrac, Newgistics and Mercedes Benz USA.
“R/GA Austin's strength stems from the fusion of smart, cross-functional talent, our collaboration across the agency’s global network, and our ability to draw inspiration from the Austin community. I’m proud we’ve built such a strong, diverse team who helps our clients innovate and grow in today’s connected world,” said Candice Hahn, SVP, managing director of R/GA Austin.
R/GA is connected by design. An innovation leader for more than 40 years, R/GA has expanded to offer consulting, ventures, technology, marketing communications, architecture, and IP development services in addition to its award-winning design practice. Its work spans web, mobile, and social communications, retail and e-commerce, product innovation, brand development, and business transformation. The company has more than 2,000 employees globally with 19 offices across the United States, Europe, South America, and Asia-Pacific. R/GA is part of The Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE:IPG), one of the world’s largest advertising and marketing services organizations. For more information about R/GA, please visit www.rga.com and on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #